Links to debate articles, essays and talks. Please share links via Facebook or Twitter.
- Alderman, Naomi. The Women I Pretend to Be. Alderman tells about the different roles she take on to fit in the tech and gaming industry.
- Alexander, Leigh; Buter, Zuraida; Harvey, Auriea; Henrike aka Riker Lode; Kultima, Annakaisa; Reddy, Siobhan; Romero, Brenda- #1ReasonToBe – GDC talk. GDC Vault, GDC Eu 2014 – Inspired by the #1ReasonWhy and #1ReasonToBe hashtag discussion, rapid microtalk-style celebration and exploration of what it means to be a woman in games. (Video and slides)
- Myers, Maddy (Paste Magazine). Hyper Mode: How to Be Visibly Femme in the Games Industry. Myers talks about how she navigates the “dresscode” at game industry conferences.
- Suellentrop, Chris (New York Times) Saluting the Women Behind the Screen. Suellentrop talk about the women behind the games and why there should be more of them.
- Bassey, Vic (The Square) Tokenism versus Diversity. Bassey highlights the challenges the industry faces employing an inclusive mindset.